Tutorial to change login / logon screen with custom image in Windows 7 without installing programs from third parties that may not be free, contains disturbing ads, virus or malware.
To change Login / logon screen, Lock Screen and Shutdown screen in Windows 7 are very easy. All we need to do is change a value in the Windows Registry, create some folders, and of course a nice login screen image.
Here's how to change the login screen image in Windows 7:
- Open Run (Win+R) and type "REGEDIT"
- In the left panel of regedit Window point your mouse cursor to "Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background" And then on the right panel, change the value OEMBackground from "0" to "1".
- Open Windows Explorer and go to c:\Windows\System32\oobe, create a new folder named "info" and inside of it create another folder named "backgrounds". So the full address is c:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds
- Copy / move your custom wallpaper logon screen with image that you prepare to that folder and rename it to backgroundDefault.jpg
- Restart your computer, and after restart your Login Screen will change according the image you chose before.
Note for Windows 7 Logon Screen
- Maximal file size is 256 KB
- You can also create login screen according to your monitor resolution by giving it a name with background"resolutionsize".jpg, example:
- backgroundDefault.jpg image will automatically loaded and resized if Windows 7 cannot found an image that match with curennt display resolution.
- This tutorial will change the default image on Windows 7 for "logon screen", "lock screen", and "shutdown screen".